What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a method of manual exfoliation that consists of using a sterile surgical scalpel to gently remove the top layer of dead skin cells and vellus hair in order to reveal a smoother, brighter more radiant complexion.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO DERMAPLANING?
- Provides deeper product penetration.
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils.
- Promotes smoother skin.
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and "peachfuzz"
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Works on all skin types.
DERMAPLANING PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- No shaving, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaning treatments.
- Skin can not have any sunburn or windburn present.
- Stop Retin A 3 to 4 days prior to treatment.
- Men need to shave day of treatment. Men can return to shaving 7 days post treatment.
DERMAPLANING POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONSAfter a Dermaplaning treatment your skin needs time to heal and restore.
- Treat the skin gently, using only hands(no towels, brushes, or sponges) to cleanse for at least 2 days. Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment. Avoid AHA, BHA and Retinol based creams for 7 days.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 and/or wear a wide brimmed hat, and limit time outside. Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks.
- Avoid excessive heat 3 days post treatment, i.e. heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
- Avoid chlorine or swimming for 24 hours.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- Avoid Dermal Fillers or Botox for 2 to 4 weeks post treatment
- Do not pick, scratch, or rub the treated area.
- Do apply serums as absorption levels will be elevated
Interested in our services?Get in touch with us