Microneedling - SkinPen
What is Microneedling?Microneedling stimulates new collagen in the skins surface by creating very small micro-channels using micro-needles. The Microneedling SkinPen device utilizes a one time use (disposable) cartridge that contains 14 stainless steel microneedles that can penetrate the skin at different depths. These micro-needles will cause a controlled injury in the skins surface, boosting or inducing your own natural collagen.
What should I expect with Microneedling?Once micro-channels are created in the skin surface it will heal (in about 2-3 days) and began the process of replacing it with brand new collagen and elastin (in about 4 weeks) overall improving the skin health and wellness.
What does Microneedling treat?
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Laxity skin
What are the Pre-procedure instruction for Microneedling?
- Not recommended for individuals with diabetes or heart disease
- Avoid sun exposure/burns 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of retinoids 5-7 days prior to treatment.
- You should not have an active breakouts, active cold sores, or open lesions. If this occurs, your microneedling treatment should be rescheduled.
- Stop using NSAIDS (bloodthinners such as omegas, fish oil, flax, ibuprofen, aspirin) 5-7 days before microneedling.
- Allow at least 12 hours after autoimmune therapies before having a microneedling treatment.
- Wait 6 months following Isotretinoin (Accutane) use.
- Skin types Fitzpatrick IV-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightening.
Wait at least:
- *2 weeks before or after Botox treatment to have a Microneedling treatment.
- *4 weeks before or after any fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.
- *4 weeks before or after laser treatements such as IPL,LHR, or chemical peels.
What are the Post-procedure instruction for Microneedling?
- - Only use the Lift HG Serum for the next 24 hours. Do not use any other skincare products (cleansers, moisturizers, or sunblocks).
- - Days 2 through 4 post procedure - Use a gentle cleanser and zinc oxide sunblock as well as continue applying the Lift HG serum.
- -Avoid exercise for 3 days following the procedure.
- -No sun exposure for 3 days
- DAY 1 - Mild to moderate redness and swelling, similar to a sunburn. No sunscreen, makeup, sweating in treated area for first 24 hours.
- DAY 2 - Some persistent redness and swelling may be present. May apply sunscreen and makeup.
- DAY 3 - Most redness, bruising, and swelling are almost gone.
- DAY 4 - Return to normal appearance without makeup.
ACNE SCARS BEFORE/AFTER WITH MICRONEEDLING
NECK BEFORE/AFTER WITH MICRONEEDLING
Interested in our services?Get in touch with us